ITALIAN BOLOGNESE STUFFED PEPPERS
2 EXTRA LARGE red or orange peppers, halved
1 pound ground beef
2 shallots, diced SMALL
2 cloves garlic, minced
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
2 tablespoons Garden Gourmet Italian herbs
1 1/2 – 2 cups marinara sauce
2 cups prepared dilitani or small shell pasta
4 slices mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Coat baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Halve peppers tip to root. Clean out seeds and ribs.
- Brown ground beef and onion together. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Drain off grease returning meat to pan.
- Add garlic, Italian herbs and marinara sauce, simmering 5-10 minutes.
- Stuff pepper halves with meat mixture.
- Layer remaining meat mixture into the baking dish.
- Arrange peppers on top of meat mixture in baking dish.
- Top each pepper with mozzarella cheese.
- Coat one side of a piece of foil with non-stick cooking spray. Cover baking dish.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until tender and hot. Remove foil during the last 10 minutes.
NOTE: This prepares well in advance of baking making it a great weeknight meal.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!