WHIPPED SHORTBREAD COOKIES adapted from Kitchen Fun with My Three Sons Servings 8 cookies
Light, buttery and sweet little cookies are the perfect treat with some hot cocoa. They also make the perfect cookie to fill a tin for a homemade gift or to add to a cookie exchange or neighbor plate of goodies. Using a cookie cutter can add a great holiday touch.
6 tablespoons butter softened
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cream the butter and powdered sugar together for at least 4 minutes.
- Sift together the flour and cornstarch.
- Add the flour and cornstarch just until combined.
- Form the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic, and chill the dough for AT LEAST 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 300°.
- Cut the ball of dough into 8 pieces and roll each into a ball.
- With a fork dipped in cornstarch (to prevent the dough from sticking to the dough), press on the top of each cookie dough ball then top with sprinkles.
- Place the cookies on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies for 18-19 minutes, just until the cookies are set and light golden brown on the bottom.
- Cool the cookies on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Once cooled, you can do a light coating of icing if desired.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!