S3 SWEET, SALTY & STICKY PORK CHOPS - SWEET & SOUR 1000 ISLAND PORK CHOPS adapted from With A Blast
Are these pork chops tender? Tangy? Sweet? Sour? Salty? Nope, they are ALL these adjectives making them PERFECT!
1000 Island Tangy Pork Chops are the most delicious, tender and tangy Pork Chops around ! The Dressing gives the chops a wonderful sweet-salty taste with a delicious stickiness.
Prep Time 10 minutes Bake Time 1 hour 30 minutes Total Time 1 hour 40 minutes
1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix, ground to dust
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
6 Pork Chops, trimmed of excess fat
2 tablespoons QUALITY Avocado Oil
1/2 cup Apricot Jam, (not chunky)
1/3 cup 1000 Island Salad Dressing
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Mustard Powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a large baking dish non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix the soup mix with a generous amount of FRESH ground black pepper.
- Dredge the pork chops in the soup mix.
- Heat the oil and brown the Pork Chops on both sides.
- Transfer the Chops to the prepared oven dish.
- Combine the apricot jam, 1000 Island dressing, garlic and Mustard Powder (if using) in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour over the pork chops.
- Cover with lid .
- Bake 1 – 1 1/2 hours or until the pork chops are tender and cooked through. Turn chops half way through the cooking time.
- I list the mustard as optional because of a life threatening allergy, but am told it really makes the dish 😀
- Tart red cherry or Pineapple jam or even orange marmalade work also for a flavor change!