CELERY ROOT CHICKEN VEGGIE MEDLEY – serves 4
4 boneless, chicken breasts
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
flour for dredging
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups baby carrots
1 medium red bell pepper, sliced thin
1/2 pound celery root, peeled and grated
1/4 cup chopped Italian Parsley
Juice of 1 LARGE Lemon
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon creamy horseradish
1/2 teaspoon Frank’s original hot sauce
1/2 cup shredded Colby cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2 inch even sizes.
- Wash and dry chicken pieces.
- Generously season with fresh ground salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour.
- Heat butter and avocado oil over medium high heat.
- Sear chicken pieces quickly on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange onions, bell pepper slices, carrots and celery root.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, hot sauce, creamy horseradish, heavy cream and parsley.
- Arrange half of sauce over vegetables.
- Arrange chicken pieces on top of sauce and pour remains sauce over chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with foil using toothpicks if necessary to keep foil from touching the cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake until cheese is golden.
- Serve immediately.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!