SPINACH ARTICHOKE CHICKEN adapted from REE
2 tablespoons salted butter
2 tablespoons avocado oil
4 thin-cut chicken breast steaks
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
WONDRA flour, for dredging
1/2 red onion, diced
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
Two 8-ounce jars quartered artichokes, drained WELL
3/4 cup white wine
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup grated Parmesan
One 4-ounce jar diced pimientos, drained WELL (optional)
3 cups baby spinach
1 MEDIUM lemon, juiced
- Heat the butter and avocado oil together in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Generously sprinkle the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, dredge with flour lightly and add them to the skillet.
- Cook until nicely browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove to a plate.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and stir until slightly softened, about 30 seconds, then add the artichokes and cook, stirring, until the artichokes are hot and the onions are translucent, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and stir, then add the cream and more black pepper adjusting seasoning to your tastes.
- Let the sauce come to a simmer, then add the Parmesan and cook for a minute to thicken.
- Add the pimientos if using, spinach and lemon juice, then stir 1-2 minutes until the spinach has wilted.
- Nestle the chicken back into the skillet, spooning a little sauce over the top.