HONEY BOURBON PECAN CHICKEN
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
2 tablespoons avocado oil
1 LARGE stalk celery, FINELY diced
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 mini bottle Honey Jack Daniels
1 tablespoon Bragg’s liquid aminos
1 tablespoon Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (optional)
1/2 cup SMALL chopped toasted pecans
2 tablespoons QUALITY honey
1/2 cup unsalted butter, COLD and diced
- Whisk together the brown sugar, Jack Daniels, liquid aminos, Worcestershire sauce and Dijon if using. Set aside.
- Generously season chicken breasts with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Heat avocado oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sear chicken breasts 4 minutes on each side JUST until cooked through.
- Remove chicken to platter and keep warm.
- Add celery and asparagus if using, sauteing 2-3 minutes.
- Add Jack Daniels mixture to skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Turn off heat and add cold butter, whisking until smooth.
- Stir in the honey and pecan pieces.
- Return chicken to pan, turning to coat in sauce.
- Plate chicken pieces.
- Drizzle with sauce and serve immediately.
- You can find the small little travel size Jack Daniels bottle in the liquor store with various flavors. I’ve tried most of them and find you can’t go wrong 🙂 Apple is great also as is Fireball Cinnamon.
- I eliminate the mustard due to a life threatening allergy, but I hear it is a wonderful flavor addition.
- I also like to saute’ some asparagus tips in the sauce for a bit more elegant flair.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!