INSTA POT STICKY PORK LETTUCE WRAPS
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
FRESH ground sea salt, to taste
1 pinch of red pepper flakes
1 small red onion, halved and sliced thin
- Bring the water, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper flakes to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Place onions in a tempered bowl.
- Pour vinegar mixture over onions and toss gently.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
PORK AND SAUCE
1/2 cup PACKED brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon FRESH ground ginger
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into 3-4 pieces
2 tablespoons avocado oil
2/3 cup homemade chicken broth
1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
1-2 tablespoons Sriracha
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Bibb Lettuce leaves
Toasted sesame seeds
1 bunch green onions, sliced diagonally
- Whisk together 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar, ground ginger, Chinese 5 spice,
- FRESH ginger, 1/2 of the green onions, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add pork pieces, turning to coat well.
- Add the oil to the insta pot and set to saute’.
- When hot, add pork pieces and brown 2 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
- Add broth to insta pot, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom.
- Whisk in the Hoisin sauce, vinegar, chili sauce and Sriracha.
- Return the pork to the pot.
- Place lid on and set to lock. Make sure the valve is in the sealed position. Set to pressure cook on high for 45 minutes.
- Allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Turn the valve to the venting position to vent any remaining pressure.
- Turn the insta pot off and remove lid.
- Remove pork to cutting board and shred.
- Set insta pot back to saute and stir in remaining brown sugar.
- In a small bowl whisk together the cornstarch and 3-4 tablespoons of the liquid from the insta pot.
- Pour cornstarch mixture into the insta pot and whisk until smooth, stirring and cooking 10 minutes until thickened.
- Season to taste.
- Return the pork pieces and stir to coat.
- Serve on lettuce leaves with pickled onions.
- Top with green onions and sesame seeds.