This classic Italian dish looks extravagant, but is a relatively easy one pan meal AND yet looks and tastes like you worked all day on it.
1/4 cup WONDRA flour
2 thin chicken steaks
2 tablespoon avocado oil
1 tablespoon butter
FRESH ground sea salt and black better, to taste
3/4 pound baby potatoes, peeled and quartered
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon FRESH chopped thyme leaves or oregano
1 teaspoon FRESH chopped rosemary leaves
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 can Le Seur peas, drained
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, COLD and DICED
Juice of 1 lemon
- Generously season chicken steaks with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Add flour to shallow bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dredge chicken steaks in flour, shaking off excess, and add to hot oil.
- Sear chicken 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to plate and keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet.
- Add potatoes, sautéing 7-8 minutes until cooked through and edges are crispy.
- Stir in garlic and herbs, seasoning with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper to taste, sautéing until fragrant.
- Add wine, scraping up bits from bottom of pan to mix.
- Add broth and simmer 10 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Return chicken to pan, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes until chicken is well coated and cooked through.
- With a slotted spoon remove chicken and potatoes to plate and tent to keep warm.
- Off heat stir in lemon juice and COLD butter until smooth.
- Fold in peas and serve over chicken steaks.