SLOW COOKED SOY CHILE PORK CHOPS
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup SIR KENSINGTON ketchup*
1/4 cup Bragg’s liquid aminos
1-3 tablespoon red chile paste (I used Gourmet Garden)
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
3 pounds boneless thick cut (1-1 1/2 inches) pork chops
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup water
- Add brown sugar, ketchup, liquid aminos, chile paste, garlic, salt and pepper (except pork chops and corn starch) in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Stir to combine.
- Add pork chops, tossing to coat with the sauce.
- Cook on low 3-4 hours.
- Combine equal amounts cornstarch and water in a mason jar. Close the lid, to seal the jar. Shake until well blended and then shake again to create a slurry.
- Add the slurry to the slow cooker.
- Stir and cover, cook 1 more hour.
- Check for doneness. If the pork chops need longer let them cook until tender and done.
- SIR KENSINGTON Ketchup is a much lower sugar ketchup that is a cross between a regular ketchup and cocktail sauce – more of a kick!
- Add chili paste according to your desired heat level. If you prefer it more mild add less, or omit it altogether.
- Cook times DO vary based on your slow cooker and the thickness of your pork chops. You can also substitute thinner chops or chicken breasts, but you need to seriously alter your cooking times.