PAN SEARED LEMON APRICOT CHICKEN
LEMON APRICOT CHICKEN
3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons FRESH parsley, finely chopped
1/4 cup apricot preserves
3/4 cup chicken stock
1 LARGE lemon
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 tablespoons avocado oil
FRESH ground sea salt & ground pepper
1 tablespoon WONDRA flour
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 450°F with a rack in the top position.
- Pat chicken dry, then pound to an even ½-inch thickness.
- Season all over with FRESH ground sea salt & ground pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a medium skillet over medium-high.
- Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3–4 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add shallots to same skillet; reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, apricot preserves, ¾ of the parsley and the vinegar. Simmer, scraping brown bits from the bottom of the skillet, until sauce reduces to ½ cup, 5–7 minutes.
- Remove from heat, then whisk in butter.
- Add chicken and any resting juices back to the skillet. Cook over medium, turning chicken once, until warm and coated in sauce, 1–2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Season to taste with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Garnish with remaining parsley. Enjoy!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!