TUSCAN STEAK with MUSHROOMS & 3 PEPPER SAUCE serves 4
12 ounces fettuccine
FRESH ground sea salt and tri-color peppercorns, to taste
1 pound sirloin steak
2 tablespoons butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons Wondra flour
2 cups whole milk
1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes (optional)
1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
1 small can baby peas (Le Seur)
Balsamic glaze, for drizzling
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside. OR roast or pan fry potatoes in a separate pan.
- Generously season steak with FRESH ground sea salt and tri-colored peppercorns.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steak 3 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Transfer to a plate to let rest, 10 minutes, then thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, make Alfredo sauce.
- Add butter to skillet and let melt.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute more, then add milk and simmer until thickened, 5 minutes.
- Add parsley and Parmesan, stirring to combine.
- Fold in peas.
- Add tomatoes (if desired) and cook down 2 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta or roasted potatoes to sauce and toss until coated.
- Top with sliced steak, drizzle with balsamic glaze and sprinkle with minced Parsley.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!