Need a FRESH start to the new year? Try this soup full of tender chicken, crunchy snap peas and a tangy lemon bite to wake up your senses.
CREAMY LEMON CHICKEN SOUP
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons WONDRA flour
3/4 cup small diced red onion
2 1/2 cups chicken bone broth
Juice of 2 LARGE lemons
2 cups diced rotisserie chicken
1 1/2 cups trimmed and halved sugar snap peas
1 tablespoon FRESH chopped Italian leaf parsley
1 tablespoon FRESH chopped rosemary
1 tablespoon FRESH chopped thyme
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Melt butter in sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, sauteing 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Sprinkle with flour and stir well until smooth.
- Add lemon juice and broth gradually.
- Generously season with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes until it begins to thicken.
- Stir in chicken and peas, simmering another 5 minutes until chicken is warmed through and peas are crisp-tender.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in cream, simmering just until the cream is blended in and heated through.
- Season to taste.
- Serve immediately.
NOTE: I like to serve it with my Savory Chicken Bread That recipe will post tomorrow.