WINTER PORK ROAST
3 pound boneless pork loin roast
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1/2 + 1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
8 ounces sweet orange marmalade or apricot pineapple jam
8 ounces whole cranberry sauce (canned is okay, but I prefer fresh)*
FRESH cranberries, for garnish
sliced oranges, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Pat pork roast dry.
- Rub with avocado oil.
- Season to taste with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper on all sides.
- Sear each side over high heat for 2 minutes per side. Place in roasting pan.
- While searing the pork, start your sauce.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1/2 cup orange juice, apple cider vinegar, apricot pineapple jam or orange marmalade, and cranberry sauce.
- Pour sauce over the pork.
- Roast for 60-80 minutes (140°-145° in the most central part of the pork), basting every 20 minutes with the sauce mixture.
- Remove from oven and place pork on a foil tented plate to cool/rest for 10 minutes.
- While pork is resting, add remaining 1/4 cup orange juice to the juices left over from cooking to a saucepan.
- Bring sauce to a boil and then reduce to a simmer while pork rests. Slice and serve pork, drizzled with more sauce and garnished with orange slices and fresh cranberries.
NOTES: * I always make a HUGE batch of homemade cranberry sauce over the holidays so I have some in the freezer. Cranberries are hard to come by the rest of the year.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!