CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP serves 6
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
1 can (10 oz) mild enchilada sauce
1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles
4 cups chicken broth
1 can white shopper corn
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/4 cup chopped FRESH cilantro
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups diced rotisserie chicken
4 soft corn tortillas (5 to 6 inch), cut into 1-inch strips
chopped onions for garnish
sour cream dollop for garnish
drizzle of hot sauce for garnish
chopped cilantro for garnish
- Add everything except chicken to a large sauté pan or soup kettle.
- Cover, cooking over medium heat and bring to a SLOW boil.
- Lower heat to low and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add chicken, stirring to blend.
- Serve immediately with toppings.