PORK GREEN CHILI ala CROCK POT
1 tablespoon avocado oil
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
2 pound pork loin, cut into large chunks
3-4 LARGE garlic cloves, minced
1 large yellow onion, diced
8 ounces taco sauce
8 ounce chopped green chilies
1 can ROTEL original fire roasted tomatoes with green chiles
2 teaspoons cumin
1 bunch green onions, chopped or sliced thin (reserve some for garnish)
1 can Bush's black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can S&W Cattle beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup FRESH chopped Cilantro + a few sprigs for garnish
sour cream, for garnish
shredded cheese, for garnish
GRANDMA Ware's skillet corn bread
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Generously season pork roast with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Add pork pieces to skillet and sear on all sides.
- Transfer pork pieces to slow cooker.
- Add onions to skillet and saute' until softened.
- Add garlic, green chiles, taco sauce, cumin, 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, ROTEL tomatoes and most of the green onions to the skillet, blending well and cooking until fragrant. Add to slow cooker and stir well with pork pieces.
- Cook on HIGH 90 minutes.
- Lower to LOW and cook 6 hours more until pork is tender.
- Add beans and cook another 30 minutes.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream, fresh chopped cilantro, chopped green onions and shredded cheese PLUS your favorite corn bread!