I LOVE this recipe because there is an actual saladness to it and no tortillas are needed. It is as refreshing as it is filling and hearty.
TACO BOWLS serves 4
1 pound ground beef
2 tablespoons avocado oil
1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 ounce can diced green chiles, drained but reserved
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
1/2 cup mini pepper rings
4 LARGE radishes, sliced thin
2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
6 cups shredded cabbages and carrots
1-2 LARGE avocados, sliced
1 LARGE lemon, juiced
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
FRESH chopped cilantro, to taste
1 cup sour cream
1-1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and pepper rings, cooking and stirring 5-7 minutes until it begins to brown.
- Add beef, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, green chiles and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until beef is cooked through.
- Whisk together the lemon juice and reserved green chile liquid.
- Arrange FRESH ingredients in bowls.
- Drizzle with lemon juice mixture.
- Sprinkle generously with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Divide the shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream to each bowl.
- Add a large scoop of the meat to each bowl, garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.