MAGIC DUST SLAM DUNK HOT WINGS from Chris at NibbleMeThis He originally ran this recipe over at OUR Krazy Kitchen when I hosted that food blog.
36 chicken wing pieces (wingettes and drummettes)
CHRIS’ DRY RUB (I use my MAGIC DUST instead of Chris’ rub though – recipe below)
1 1/2 teaspoon Lawry’s Season Salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/2 cup hot sauce (I use Frank’s Original)
1/3 cup butter
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup ranch dressing
2 tablespoon diced roasted red pepper
2 tablespoon cilantro, finely minced
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix the “dunk sauce” together and refrigerate.
- Wash and dry the wing pieces REALLY well* and season with the dry rub.
- Cook the wings for 25 minutes and then flip the wings. Cook another 25 minutes or until crisp and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the “toss sauce” over medium heat.
- Toss the wings in the toss sauce and put back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with the Dunk Sauce and enjoy
NOTE* This helps get a crisp skin.
TAMY’S MAGIC DUST (my go to dry rub that I keep on hand)
1/2 cup sweet paprika
1/4 cup finely ground sea salt
1/3 cup superfine sugar
1/4 cup chipotle chili powder
2 tablespoons ground black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients together until well blended.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Shake before each use.
MAGIC DUST NOTE: I can’t use it because of allergies, but a great addition to this recipe is 2 tablespoons of Colemna’s dry mustard.