SPICY ORANGE CHICKEN
8 bone in, skin on chicken thighs
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
8 ounce can orange juice concentrate
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons PACKED brown sugar
2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoons Frank’s original hot sauce
2 green onions, sliced and diced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Generously season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken pieces skin side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake 45 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Flip skin side up 2/3 of the way through.
- In a medium sauce pan combine the orange juice concentrate, garlic, red pepper flakes, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 15-20 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Pour sauce into large mixing bowl.
- Remove chicken from oven and increase heat to broil.
- Add chicken pieces to sauce, turning to coat well.
- Drain fat from baking sheet.
- Arrange chicken pieces and broil 1-2 minutes until bubbling and starting to brown.