PORK CHOPS with ROASTED APPLES and BRUSSELS SPROUTS
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/4 teaspoon PURE cinnamon
1 1/2 tablespoons PACKED brown sugar
4 bone in thick pork chops
- Blend together the ingredients.
- Rub the pork chops with the avocado oil.
- Rub spice mixture into each chop the night before cooking for the tangiest flavor profile.
- Chill at least 8 hours.
3 tablespoons avocado oil
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
FRESH ground salt and pepper, to taste
1 GALA apple, cored and sliced into 1/2 inch wedges
1 pound Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and halved
- Whisk together vinegar. brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Whisk in oil until well blended.
- Place apples, Brussels sprouts and 1/4 cup of the vinegar mixture in a large bowl, tossing to coat well.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place pork chops in the center of a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Arrange apples and Brussels sprouts around the chops.
- Bake 12 minutes and then turn pork chops.
- Bake another 10-12 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove chops to serving platter, cover and keep warm.
- Increase oven temperature to broil.
- Spread apple mixture into a thin layer and return to oven for 3-4 minutes until browned.
- Drizzle with remaining vinegar mixture.
- Season to taste.
- DRIZZLE with remaining vinegar mixture.