1/4 cup jalapeño ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 (1+2) tablespoons pineapple juice
2 (1+2) tablespoons apple cider vinegar
8 ounces ground pork
1 LARGE bunch green onions, sliced and divided
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
8 slices pineapple, 1/4 inch thick
1 cup shredded red cabbage
8 KING’S Hawaiian small hamburger rolls or (12) buns, split
- Whisk together the ketchup, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon pineapple juice and 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- Combine cabbage, 2 tablespoons pineapple juice, 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 1/2 of the green onions, salt and pepper to taste and toss well.
- Combine pork, remaining green onions, salt and pepper together. Form 8 patties or 12 squares if using rolls.
- Spray heavy skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat.
- Add pork patties and cook 2-3 minutes until slight charred.
- Flip and cook another minute.
- Transfer patties to plate and keep warm.
- Add pineapple slices to skillet and cook 2 minutes until slightly charred.
- Top pork patties with pineapple slices.
- Generously brush buns with ketchup mixture.
- Add a pork patty to each bun bottom.
- Top with cabbage mixture and roll top.