CAJUN CREOLE CHICKEN THIGHS with SLOW COOKED RICE & BEANS
1 can black beans**, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 cups long grain rice
2 medium tomatoes, rustic chopped
1 red pepper, small chopped
1 shallot, halved and sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
3 1/4 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon (divided) SLAP YA MAMA cajun spice
2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
1 tablespoon avocado oil
- In a 6 quart slow cooker combine the beans, rice, tomatoes, red pepper, shallot, garlic, parsley, broth and 1 1/2 teaspoons SLAP YA MAMA seasoning until well combined.
- Sprinkle the chicken thighs with the 2 tablespoons SLAP YA MAMA.
- Heat avocado oil in a large skillet (preferably cast iron).
- Brown chicken pieces on both sides until golden, about 5 minutes per side.
- Place in slow cooker, skin side up.
- Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours until chicken is cooked through. Rice will be saucy!