8 slices bacon, chopped
1 small Vidalia onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons molasses
1/4 cup JIF peanut butter
1 bottle 809 beer
1/4 cup jalapeno ketchup
2 cans (15 ounce) small white beans, drained and rinsed well
- In a large dutch oven cook bacon until browned and crisp.
- With a slotted spoon remove bacon pieces to drain on paper toweling.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of bacon fat.
- Add onions, stirring until softened.
- Add garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add beer, brown sugar, peanut butter and ketchup, stirring to blend well.
- Fold in beans and bacon.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes until beans are heated through and sauce is thickened.
- Let stand, covered 5 minutes.
Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party - sorry to be stopping by so late. Hope to see you at tomorrow's party too! Enjoy the weekend.ReplyDelete
Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday, 594. Hope you are having a great week and come back to see us soon!ReplyDelete