1 medium red onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
1 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1/4 cup sherry vinegar
2 cups mixed color cherry tomatoes
3/4 cup pitted Castelvetrano (the pale green ones – I use Mezetta) olives
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
2 cloves garlic, sliced or minced
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Toss the onions with 1/2 tablespoon of the oil on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Arrange the chicken thighs on top and sprinkle them all over with the smoked paprika and salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the vinegar on top and then roast in the oven about 15 minutes.
- Toss the cherry tomatoes, olives, rosemary and garlic with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, a big pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the mixture to the baking sheet with the roasted chicken and continue to roast until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, 10 minutes more.
- Serve the chicken with the vegetables and juices from the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with the parsley.