1/2 small head red cabbage, thinly sliced or shredded
1/2 small head green cabbage, thinly sliced or shredded
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
1 cup chopped snap peas
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1 shallot halved and sliced thin**
1 LARGE watermelon radish, sliced thin
2 tablespoons caraway seeds
1 cup golden raisins (optional)
1 cup mayonnaise
3-4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3-4 tablespoons sugar
Fresh ground salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, salt, pepper, vinegar and sugar until well blended.
- In a large bowl toss together the cabbages, carrots, parsley, shallot (onion), radish pieces and snap peas.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over cabbage mixture, sprinkle with caraway seeds and toss until well coated.
- Fold in raisins if using.
- Adjust salt, pepper, sugar and vinegar to your personal tastes.
- Cover and chill several hours before serving.