LEMON FIZZ CHICKEN serves 2
1/3 cup cooked white rice
Juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon creamy horseradish
1 tablespoon FRESH chopped chives
1 tablespoon QUALITY honey
3 tablespoons avocado oil, divided 2+1
2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
FRESH ground salt and pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons WONDRA flour
1/4 cup 7 UP
1 tablespoon Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1 1/2 + 1 1/2
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more if you like it a bit more spicy)
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
2 + 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Whisk together lemon juice, honey, horseradish and chives until completely blended.
- Generously salt and pepper both sides of chicken.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in skillet over medium high heat.
- Dredge chicken in flour.
- Saute’ chicken breasts until JUST golden on both sides, about 2 minutes per side based on thickness.
- Transfer chicken to plate.
- Deglaze pan with 7 UP, scraping up any bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Reduce heat.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, liquid aminos and red pepper flakes, whisking to blend.
- Add honey mixture, blending again until smooth.
- Add 2 tablespoons heavy cream, stirring until smooth.
- Return chicken to pan, turning to coat. Cover and simmer on low until syrupy, about 5 minutes.
- Add Parmesan cheese, cream and 1 1/2 tablespoons butter to warm rice, using fork to mix and fluff.
- Plate rice, top with chicken and pour sauce over top.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!