8 bone in, skin on chicken thighs
1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
1 teaspoon FRESH thyme, chopped
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
2 tablespoons Bragg’s liquid aminos
1 tablespoon avocado oil
- In a small processor, mince together the green onions, garlic, jalapeno, liquid aminos, paprika, thyme and avocado oil.
- Pour into a large ziploc bag with chicken and marinade 12-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Drain chicken and place skin side down on rack in a baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Dip each piece of chicken in BBQ sauce and return to baking rack skin side up for another 30 minutes.
- Baste with BBQ sauce every 10 minutes during the final 30 minutes.
- Serve remaining sauce on the side.
1 cup jalapeno ketchup
1/3 cup Bragg’s liquid aminos
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons QUALITY dark rum
1 cup red onion, finely minced
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
2 tablespoons finely minced ginger
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- In a small saucepan whisk together the ketchup, liquid aminos, apple cider vinegar and rum until well blended.
- Stir in brown sugar until completely dissolved.
- Stir in onions, ginger and garlic.
- Simmer on LOW heat 20-30 minutes until thick and bubbly.