1/3 cup popcorn kernels
Vegetable oil, as needed for popping
White Cheddar popcorn seasoning, for the popcorn
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 shallot, thinly sliced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 cups sugar snap peas, strings removed, cut crosswise into thirds
1 cup shredded carrot
1 cup chopped celery plus 1/2 cup tender inner celery leaves
1 bunch watercress, trimmed and torn into bite-size pieces
- Pop the popcorn in a popcorn popper according to the manufacturer’s instructions. You should have 12 cups.
- While popcorn is still hot, sprinkle with the white Cheddar popcorn seasoning to taste and let cool completely.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, cider vinegar, sugar, and Dijon together in a large serving bowl. Stir in the shallot.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, but remember the popcorn is already salty.
- Add the snap peas, carrot and chopped celery and toss to coat.
- Add the popcorn and toss to coat the kernels in the dressing.
- Pile the watercress on top and sprinkle with the celery leaves.
- Serve immediately.