RED PEPPER GLAZED HALIBUT
2 Halibut Fillets
FRESH ground salt and pepper
1 green onion, sliced thin
- Adjust oven rack to 6 inches below broiler.
- PREHEAT broiler.
- Line baking sheet with foil.Place baking rack on top of foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Generously season fillets with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Arrange fillets on baking rack.
- Generously brush tops of fillets with glaze.
- Broil fillets for 2 minutes.
- Flip fillets. Generously brush with glaze and return to oven another 2-3 minutes until they flake easily.
- Serve with rice, potatoes or veggies of choice and remaining glaze.
- Sprinkle with sliced green onions as garnish.
1/2 cup apple jelly (I use apricot a good deal of the time)
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 green onions, sliced thin
1 tablespoon avocado oil
2 tablespoons Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
1 tablespoons QUALITY honey
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a small sauce pan whisk together the jelly, red pepper flakes, vinegar, green onions, liquid aminos, honey, avocado oil, sesame oil and green onions.
- Cook over medium heat about 10 minutes, stirring frequently until syrupy and reduced by about half.