CARROT RAISIN SALAD or APPLE RAISIN SALAD Yields 6-8 servings
8-10 whole carrots or 5 large Granny Smith apples*(see note)
3/4 cup golden raisins
1 large can crushed pineapple, drained WELL
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- Shred carrots into large mixing bowl. If using apples, peel, core and small chop.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar and pineapple juice.
- Fold in mayonnaise mixture, pineapple and raisins until well coated.
- Chill several hours until ready to serve.
- If using apples alone, be sure and toss them with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- This also makes a good combination to use both carrots AND apples.