2 pound chuck roast
2 medium poblano peppers, seeded and chopped
1 large shallot, sliced
1 Vidalia onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1-2 teaspoons ground cumin
1-2 teaspoons chili powder
1 large tomato, chopped
1 large tomatillo, chopped
1 can green chile verde sauce
1/2 cup beef broth
2 tablespoons WONDRA flour
1/4 cup Mexican corn flour
1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Generously season roast with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a 4-quart stock pot over medium temperature.
- Add roast and sear each side well.
- Remove roast to a plate.
- Add poblano pepper, onion, garlic to the stock pot along with the seasonings for a couple minutes.
- Stir in tomato and tomatillo and sauté an 3 additional minutes.
- Nestle roast into mixture.
- Whisk together chile verde sauce, broth and flour until smooth.
- Pour broth mixture over beef mixture.
- Cover with foil and place in oven for 3 hours undisturbed.
- Use 2 forks to shred beef into gravy.
- Make a slurry of the water and corn flour.
- Add slurry to mixture and simmer on stove top 10-15 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- Serve with tortillas and your favorite toppings.