HONEY MISO FISH FILLETS
4 tablespoons QUALITY honey
3 tablespoons white miso paste
1 tablespoon water
3 tablespoons Bragg's liquid aminos
2 tablespoons sake or dry white wine
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
4 5-6 ounce fish of choice fillets* (SEE NOTE)
- In a small saucepan mix the honey, miso and water, whisking until smooth. Bring to a SLOW boil, simmering until dark golden.
- Remove from heat and whisk in soy sauce, white wine, liquid aminos, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil.
- Divide mixture in half.
- Add half to ziploc bag along with fish fillets and marinade overnight.
- Reserve other half for next day.
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- Add reserved marinade to cast iron skillet and heat over medium-high heat until it begins to bubble.
- Add fillets skin side up and brush with marinade.
- Transfer cast ion to oven for 5-10 minutes until golden in color and fish is flaky.
- Flip fillets and plate.
- Spoon remaining sauce over fillets and serve immediately.
3 cups sliced carrots or baby carrots
1/4 pound crisp crumbled bacon
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon QUALITY honey
FRESH ground sea salt and tri-color pepper
- In a 2 quart saucepan add carrots and enough water to cover.
- Bring to a FULL boil, reduce to medium and cook 10 minutes until carrots are crisp tender.
- Drain well.
- Add butter, brown sugar and honey to pan, mixing well.
- Add carrots and season to taste with FRESH ground sea salt and tri-color pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until heated through.
- Add bacon pieces and serve immediately.