This Homemade version of sweetened Condensed Milk recipe makes a super delicious, made from scratch version of sweetened condensed milk for baking. It also makes a GREAT coffee mate or protein drink additive 😀
2 cups WHOLE milk
3/4 cup sugar, honey, or maple syrup (depending on the flavor you’re looking for)
4 tablespoons salted butter, cut into small pieces
1 teaspoon PURE vanilla extract
- Whisk together milk and sugar, honey or syrup in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Whisking often, bring to a low simmer and whisking often, simmer until milk has reduced by half, about 30-45 minutes.
- Once reduced, remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Allow to cool COMPLETELY!
- Store in a mason jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.