TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 25 min COOK TIME: 1 hour PREP TIME: 25 min
1/3 cup ketchup**
1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Whisk together the ketchup and hot sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup diced celery (2-3 stalks) + leaves reserved for garnish
1 cup small diced onion or shallot
3 tablespoons Frank’s original hot sauce
1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
1 cup blue cheese crumbles (GORGONZOLA works well too as does sharp cheddar)
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons FRESH coarse ground black pepper
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Grease a 9 X 5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat and saute the celery and onion until softened, 3- 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture, plus the drippings, to a large bowl.
- Add the hot sauce to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken, blue cheese, salt, pepper, eggs and 1 1/2 cups of the panko and mix until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the prepared loaf pan, pressing more in the center of the loaf to create a divot. This will allow the meatloaf to bake evenly and not create a mound after it is baked.
- Spread half of the sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
- Mix the Parmesan with the Panko and sprinkle the mixture on top of the sauce.
- Bake until the center is set and the top is golden brown, 45 minutes to an hour.
- Let rest 10-15 minutes before cutting to serve.
- Garnish the meatloaf slices with remaining heated sauce and chopped celery leaves.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!