BANANA CREAM CHEESECAKE
20 lemon or vanilla cream-filled sandwich style cookies I usually use OREO
2-3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Finely crush cookies in food processor.
- Add melted butter, blending until well combined.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 10″ springform pan and smooth it out.
- Refrigerate the crust while you make the filling.
3 blocks (24 ounces) cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup FINE sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 LARGE eggs
3/4 cup – 2 VERY ripe bananas mashed
1/2 cup whipping cream
2 teaspoons PURE vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Wrap spring form pan with a double layer of foil and place in a deep baking dish or roaster.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until creamy.
- Add sugar and cornstarch, blending well.
- Add eggs one at a time, blending until incorporated before adding additional eggs.
- Beat in bananas until well blended.
- Add whipping cream and vanilla, blending until smooth.
- Pour mixture into crust.
- Fill roasting pan with hot water halfway up the side of the spring form pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°.
- Bake an additional 60-75 minutes, or until center is almost set.
- Allow to cool COMPLETELY on cooling rack.
- Before removing the pan ring, slide a knife around the edge of the cake to separate the cake from the pan cleanly.
- Refrigerate cheesecake, uncovered, at least 6 hours.
FRESH whipped cream
FRESH sliced banana
- Serve with FRESH whipped cream, caramel sauce, fudge sauce and FRESH sliced bananas.
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
3/4 cup sugar
2+ tablespoons water
- Combine the cream and butter in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring frequently to prevent scorching.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a medium saucepan cook the corn syrup over a medium heat until bubbly.
- Fold in 1/4 cup of the sugar and continue to cook until the edges begin to turn a light amber color.
- Add in 1/4 cup sugar more and repeat until all the sugar is blended in.
- Continue cooking until amber color darkens stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and carefully fold in the cream mixture.
- Cook over medium heat stirring frequently until caramel is bubbling.
- Serve warm.
- Makes 1 1/2 cups.
MOCHA HOT FUDGE SAUCE
1/3 cup warm water
1/4 cup light corn syrup
scant 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons sugar
4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, melted & cooled
3 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
2 tablespoons golden rum
- In a medium saucepan blend together the water, corn syrup dissolving the sugar and cocoa into it until smooth.
- Bring to a low boil.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the chocolate until smooth.
- Gradually add the coffee and rum until desired flavor and consistency is reached.
- Serve warm.