1 1/4 pounds ground beef
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
16 ounces thick and chunky salsa
1 small can chopped green chiles, drained WELL
- Brown ground beef and drain off fat.
- Add seasonings and salsa, stirring to blend. Cook 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/4 cups WHOLE milk
1/4 cup avocado oil
1 cup SHARP cheddar cheese
- Sift together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the milk, oil and eggs.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients whisking JUST until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- GENEROUSLY spray bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- Sprinkle green chiles on bottom of pan.
- Spread half the batter over the green chiles.
- Top evenly with filling.
- Add remaining batter and spread smooth.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until top is lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes on rack.
- Loosen edges with a knife.
- Invert onto serving plate.
- Garnish with crema and chopped tomatoes.
1 cup sour cream
1 cup salsa verde
handful chopped cilantro
1 lime juiced
FRESH ground sea salt and tri-color pepper
- Pulse all the ingredients together to desired color and consistency. The more you blend the lighter the color will become.