CREAMY CHICKEN & SPINACH ENCHILADAS
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons salsa verde
8 ounce package of frozen spinach, thawed and drained WELL
3 tablespoons milk
3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
scant 1/4 cup FRESH chopped cilantro
2 green onions, FINELY chopped
FRESH ground sea salt and tri-color pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Stir together the cream cheese and salsa verde until smooth.
- Add spinach and blend well.
- Transfer half the mixture to a separate bowl.
- Stir in milk and set aside.
- Fold in chicken, cilantro, green onions, 1/2 cup of cheese, salt and pepper to the first bowl.
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Add tortillas, one at a time, turning and cooking 1-2 minutes until blistered.
- Divide chicken mixture evenly among tortillas.
- Roll up and place in baking dish in a single layer.
- Spread reserved spinach mixture over top of enchiladas.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered, 20-25 minutes.
- Brown under broiler 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted and browned.