2 pounds YUKON gold potatoes
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons FRESH chopped thyme
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1 cup chicken stock
3-4 cloves garlic, FINELY minced
- Preheat oven to 500° with the rack in upper-middle position.
- Slice potatoes into THICK 1 inch rounds.
whisk the thyme. salt and pepper into the melted butter.
- Toss the potato rounds in the melted butter mixture.
- Arrange the potato pieces in a single layer in a METAL* baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip potatoes and bake 15 minutes more.
- Whisk together the chicken stock and garlic.
- Add chicken stock mixture to pan around potatoes and return to the oven for 15 minutes more or until the stock is mostly absorbed.
- Transfer potatoes to serving platter and top with remaining stock liquid.
- Serve immediately.
- Do NOT use a glass baking dish! At this temperature it may shatter.
- Do NOT use a LOWER temperature so you can use a glass baking dish. You need the higher temperature to create the deep golden, crispy outside of the potatoes.