HONEY TOMATO CHICKEN
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 large shallot, halved and finely sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon QUALITY cinnamon
pinch ground ginger
1 large tub cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1 rustic cut tomatoes in sauce
2 tablespoons Marsala wine
2 tablespoons QUALITY honey
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
chopped Italian parsley, garnish
- Melt butter and oil over medium high heat in saute casserole.
- Generously season chicken pieces with FRESH ground salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to casserole and sear 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to platter and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add onions, garlic, cinnamon, ginger and grape tomatoes to casserole, sauteing until tomatoes begin to bubble.
- Add Marsala wine and rustic cut tomatoes.
- Lower the heat and simmer 10-15 minutes until tomato mixture resemble a thickened puree.
- Add honey and blend well, simmering a couple minutes more.
- Season to taste.
- Add chicken pieces in, turning to coat.
- Serve over prepared pasta.