4 LARGE eggs
2 tablespoons FINELY grated orange zest
3/4 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon PURE vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup Hershey’s cocoa powder
2 cups sugar 1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
18 tablespoons unsalted butter (cut into 18 pieces and softened)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Adjust rack to middle position.
- Grease and flour a large bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, orange zest, orange juice and vanilla together.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda on LOW speed until combined.
- Add butter one piece at a time until mixture resembles coarse pea sized pieces.
- Add egg mixture slowly, scraping bowl regularly for about 2 minutes until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top.
- Bake 45-55 minutes until tester comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan and continue cooling on wire rack.
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
Juice of 1 LARGE lemon (about 4 teaspoons)
Pinch of salt
- Whisk 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar, orange juice concentrate, lemon juice and salt together in bowl until smooth.
- Place wire rack in a rimmed baking sheet.
- Brush cake with 1/4 cup of the orange glaze.
- Let cake stand 1 hour.
- Whisk remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar with the remaining glaze.
- Pour evenly over cake.
- Let cake sit 5-10 minutes while you prepare the ganache.
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Add the chocolate chips to a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Add the heavy whipping cream to a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup and heat for about 1 minute, watching it closely so it doesn’t burn or boil over
- Pour the warm cream over the chocolate chips and allow to sit for 3-5 minutes. I put a plate on top to trap the heat.
- Gently stir the cream and chocolate together until they come together to a smooth consistency. DO NOT whisk too vigorously to prevent air bubbles in the ganache making it smoother.
- Drizzle ganache over cake in an alternate pattern to the glaze.
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons FINELY GRATED orange zest
- Using fork mix together the granulated sugar and orange zest.
- Sprinkle over ganache.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!