FIRECRACKER PORK CHOPS
4 bone in center cut pork chops
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon Mexican seasoning blend (see below)
1/4 cup avocado oil
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup Wondra flour
1 recipe RED HOT Aioli (see below)
1 scallion, finely chopped
Italian parsley, chopped for garnish
- Whisk together the buttermilk and half the Mexican seasoning. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour with the other half of the Mexican seasoning.
- Heat avocado oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Dredge the pork chops one at a time in the buttermilk mixture and then press into the flour mixture, shaking off excess before doing it ALL AGAIN to double coat each chop before adding to the skillet.
- Sear pork chops 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove chops to a plate and immediately coat with the aioli, turning to coat both sides.
- Sprinkle with scallions and parsley.
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Frank’s Original hot sauce
1 1/2 teaspoon QUALITY honey
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
PINCH FRESH ground sea salt
- Whisk ALL the ingredients until smooth.
4 tablespoons chile powder
2 tablespoons sweet paprika
2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon ground Mexican oregano
1 tablespoon ground red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Blend together and store in an airtight bottle.