CHICKEN MARSALA1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – pounded 1/4 inch thick
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons avocado/olive oil
1 small white onion, sliced into thin rings and then separated
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced thin
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup Marsala wine
1/4 cup sweet cooking sherry
- With a mortar and pestle grind the oregano.
- Sift together the flour, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Coat the chicken pieces well with the flour mixture.
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil and butter.
- When oil and butter is hot, saute’ onions and mushrooms until just carmelized.
- Set aside onions and mushrooms and place chicken breasts in skillet and brown on both sides about 6 minutes per side over medium heat. Remove and set aside, but keep warm.
- To the skillet, add the wine, lemon juice and sherry. Stir, reduce heat, and cook for about 10 minutes until the sauce is partially reduced and begins to thicken.
- Return onions and mushrooms to the skillet.
- Plate chicken breasts.
- Spoon sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and cook over low heat for about 5-10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve with Parsleyed Herb Noodles.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!