CONEY ISLAND TATERS
1 pound ground beef (I use ground chuck)
1 medium Vidalia onion, chopped small
1 cup favorite BBQ sauce
2 large Russet potatoes (BAKED)
FRESH ground salt and pepper
1/2-3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (to taste)
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
1/2 cup bacon pieces
1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Use non-stick if you have it, but if using cast iron oil it slightly before adding ground meat.
- When pan is hot add ground beef and onion, sauteing 8-10 minutes all the while breaking meat into small crumble sized pieces.
- Pour off excess grease. I actually pour it into a stainless steel colander over a paper towel lined paper plate so it can drain REALLY well. I can also use the spatula to break the meat apart even more into that small crumble.
- Add BBQ sauce, mix well, cover and simmer on ow 10 minutes.
- Starting lengthwise slice potatoes into quarters and theft each quarter ion half.
- Arrange 4 pieces of potato on each plate.
- Generously salt and pepper potatoes.
- Top with a spoonful of beef mixture.
- Top beef with shredded cheese, bacon pieces, green onions and sour cream to taste.