3-4 slices sourdough bread torn into pieces
4 green onions
3/4 cup diced ham pieces (optional)
4 large eggs
1/2 cup shredded cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Spray a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with PURE.
- Toss the bread pieces with the melted butter.
- Line the bottom evenly with torn bread pieces.
- Sprinkle green onions and ham pieces (if using) over torn bread.
- Sprinkle half of cheese over onions.
- With a spoon create indentations into the bread.
- Carefully break eggs into wells.
- Generously salt and pepper.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake casserole 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until whites are set, about 10 minutes more.
- Serve with fresh fruit.