CHILI LIME BITES
1 pound top sirloin steak, cut into large bite sized pieces
scant 1/2 teaspoon FRESH ground sea salt
scant 1/2 teaspoon FRESH ground black pepper
scant 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon QUALITY honey
1 tablespoon chili paste
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 tablespoon avocado oil
2 LARGE limes zested and juiced
chopped parsley and green onion, for garnish
- Place steak pieces in a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Toss to coat well.
- Whisk together the honey, chili paste and garlic.
- Pour chili paste mixture over steak pieces and toss until well mixed and coated.
- Heat avocado oil in skillet over medium-high heat until sizzling. If it doesn’t sizzle and hiss, the pan is not hot enough.
- Sear the steak for 1 minute before touching it, then flip the steak bites.
- Sear the steak on the second side for an additional 1 minute, then remove the steak from the pan to a plate.
- Add the lime zest and lime juice to the hot pan, stir to combine, and pour the chili lime sauce of the steak bites.