WHISKEY BBQ CHICKEN
12 chicken legs, Bone-in, Skin-on
2 tablespoons avocado Oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 Vidalia onion, halved and sliced
1-1/2 cup Seagrams Whiskey* see notes
1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce* see notes
12 ounce jar SMUCKER’S peach preserves* see notes
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Heat oil and butter in a heavy pot over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken legs, DO NOT CROWD THE PAN. Brown both sides 5-6 minutes, then remove to a plate and repeat until all chicken is browned.
- Pour off half all but 1 tablespoon of the oil and return pan to stove.
- Add onions to pan and stir, cooking for 3-4 minutes, until beginning to caramelize.
- Add garlic and stir another minute or so.
- Pour whiskey into the pot, careful of open flames.
- Stir and scrape the bottom of the pan, allowing whiskey to reduce for a minute or two.
- Pour in barbecue sauce, peach preserves, chicken broth, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Cover and place in oven for 90 minutes.
- Serve pieces of chicken over rice or mashed potatoes.
- Sprinkle sliced green onions over the top.
- I like Seagrams, just my whiskey of choice, but use whatever your favorite is.
- Make your own or use your FAVORITE bottled BBQ sauce.
- I prefer SMUCKER’S jams, but you can make your own or use another brand. I also use what I have on hand and sometimes that is apricot-pineapple which adds a GREAT flavor change.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!