A few years ago I saw an article on Chinese Tea eggs. They were so beautiful and intrigued me enough that I wanted to make some. Well I never quite got around to it, but then hubby asked for some deviled eggs and my brain went into overdrive. I decided to create the same affect with pickled beets.
PICKLED DEVILED EGGS
1 dozen eggs, hard boiled
1 jar pickled beets
1/8 + cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
Sweet Hungarian paprika
- Boil eggs as normal. Rinse under cool water.
- Drain beets, retaining juice.
- Gently crack eggs all over.
- In a medium skillet heat water and beet juice together.
- Add eggs and simmer 20 minutes, gently rolling eggs periodically.
- Remove from heat.
- Remove eggs from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Remove shells.
- Slice open eggs and scoop out yolks.
- Mash yolks with salt and pepper.
- Add mayonnaise, vinegar and horseradish and blend well.
- Fill eggs.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!