FOLD OVER TACOS
1 pound ground beef
1 cup finely chopped onion
2 cans Rotel tomatoes
1 cup red enchilada sauce
1 can re-fried beans
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon FRESH ground sea salt
1/4 teaspoon FRESH ground black pepper
12 6 inch tortillas
6 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature 30 minutes
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and warm in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat cook beef until crumbled and pink is gone.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Add tomatoes, sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour half of the meat and sauce into the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Top with half the beans. Set aside.
- Stir together the cream cheese and one half of the re-fried beans.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on each tortilla and top with a spoonful of the sauce.
- Fold each tortilla over and arrange in baking dish partially overlapping.
- Pour remaining meat sauce over top of tortillas.
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 minutes more until cheese is melted.