1 cup soft flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon FRESH ground sea salt
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
3 tablespoons cold vodka
- 5 minutes before you begin the crust place the vodka and butter cubes in the freezer.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Gradually add vodka, mixing until forms a ball.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate AT LEAST 30 minutes.
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
1 cup sliced carrots
1/2 cup sliced celery
1 can petite peas, drained WELL
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup Wondra flour
1 1/2 cups milk
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
4 cups diced rotisserie chicken
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bring the broth to a SLOW boil over medium high heat in a large saucepan.
- Add vegetable and simmer 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Whisk together the milk and Wondra flour.
- Stir milk mixture into broth mixture and simmer 10 minutes more or until desired thickness.
- Stir in cheese and chicken.
- Fold in peas.
- Season to taste.
- Spoon filling into baking dish(es). Set aside.
- On a floured pastry mat roll crust 1 inch larger than baking dish.
- Ease crust over dish, sealing the edges to the side of the dish.
- Make several slits in the dough for steam to escape through.
- Bake uncovered, for 40 minutes or until golden.