4-6 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts, fat removed
¹⁄³ cup WONDRA flour
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon avocado oil
2 green onions, minced, tops reserved for garnish
1 ½ cups orange juice*
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon FRESH ground ginger
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (optional – see note)
1 orange, zested and sliced
- Place chicken breasts between two sheets of wax paper or plastic wrap and using a rolling pin flatten to even thickness.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat.
- Add butter and oil.
- Generously season chicken with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Dredge breasts in flour.
- Add chicken pieces to skillet and sear 4-5 minutes.
- Flip and sear second side 3-4 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Transfer chicken pieces to platter and keep warm.
- Pour off most of the excess fat.
- Add green onions, ginger, orange juice, brown sugar and mustard if using. Blend well, scrape up any bits from the bottom of the skillet and cook 5 minutes until thickened and slightly reduced.
- Adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Return chicken breasts to pan, turning to coat in glaze.
- Arrange orange slices on platter.
- Top with chicken.
- Top with orange zest and green onion tops.
- I list it as optional because I’m deathly allergic to mustard and don’t use it when I’m also eating the recipe, but am assured by my mustard loving husband that it is a must when he’s eating it. 😀
- I like to use pineapple orange juice to zing up the flavor sometimes.