¾ cup golden raisins
¾ cup dried cranberries or tart dried cherries
¾ cup candied pineapple
½ cup apple cider
1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon fine salt
²⁄³ cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
²⁄³ cup whole milk
- In a small bowl combine the raisin, cranberries (or cherries) and pineapple pieces.
- Toss with apple cider.
- Let stand 1 hour.
- Drain fruit, reserving liquid for making your cider drizzle and reserve 2 tablespoons of fruit to chop as garnish.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line muffin tins with papers or spray well with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter on medium speed until smooth.
- Add sugar, beating until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour mixture and milk, alternately, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in drained fruit.
- Scoop 3 tablespoons of batter into tins.
- Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Spoon a small amount of drizzle over each cake.
- Garnish with a bit of chopped dried fruit.
Reserved soaking liquid + enough water to equal 1 cup
2 tablespoons coconut pineapple vinegar (apple cider vinegar works also)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Whisk together, cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes before spooning over cakes.
1/3 cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup apple cider
- Whisk together until smooth.
- Glaze cupcakes